Social networks and video sites dominate social media. Together, they form 50% of the worldwide use. Follow Wikis, blogging platforms and micro-blogging. Although the top social networking platforms are present or the blogging platforms having as main activity images skyrocket to the top. I think that the first platform of its kind to be located on one of the top 3 positions is Pinterest. I found a study that tried to find some answers to the question: What platforms and channels are used most often and how great is the number of unique visitors per month? It has made the top 20 most used social platforms depending on the number of unique, which I added a description of each platform:
- The first place is, of course, Facebook. Is the platform with 960 million unique users, 50% women, 50% men. The most famous social networking site was born in 2003 when founder, Mark Zuckerberg invented FaceMash. There are countries where Facebook has sparked controversy, with periods in which it was banned in Syria, China, Vietnam and Iran, along with many companies whose chiefs were irritated by the fact that employees spend too much time with him. The estimated number of applications / services of this network is currently over 40,000.
2.Youtube with 880 million unique visitors. Created in February 2005 platform uses Adobe Flash Video technology to display a wide range of user videos, including videos, TV programs and videos. An average user spends 15 minutes on the network and 55% of YouTube users are men while 45% are women.
- Third place is occupied by Wikipedia, the most accessible and famous Internet encyclopedia that has 410 million unique visitors. Online encyclopedia Wikipedia has evolved in a short time and supplemented and updated daily by its users, of which 57% men and 43% women. Wikipedia is now available in a total of 35 languages, but most articles are in English, because it is international language.
- Blogspot platform created by Google platform has 340 million unique visitors. Its users are composed of 53% men and 47% women.
- Snapchat site ranks in the top five most used platform with 170 million unique visitors. The most powerful tool for online interaction, was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize this year for its influence in the conflict zones, where the press is linked to their own hands and eyes. Where this happens, Snaphack has become a simple tool where people keep informed about world events occurring in those areas. Through Twitter, Obama, CNN and Ashton Kutcher keep in touch directly with supporters, viewers and fans, source here. Website founded in 2006 that allows users writing and sending messages up to 140 characters has 55% of users are men and 45% women.
- WordPress open source platform for publishing blogs is number 6 among the most used platforms in the world and the first most widely used platform in Romania. Currently it has 130 million unique users. 55% of those who blog on WordPress are men while the percentage of women is 45%. WordPress first appeared in 2003 as a precursor to b2 / cafelog, which was used by 2000 blogs at the time. Orientation on aesthetics, web standards and ease of use make it the choice of one among journalists, writers or bloggers ordinary, and that’s freely available software is free, allows distribution and personalization to appeal to everyone.
- Linkedin is a social network that addresses the professional world, here you can create links between employers and people in the labor market. It is platform number 7 with 96 million unique visitors, with 55% men and 45% women.
- At No. 8 is a multinational American corporation that manages the Google Internet search engine with the same name has 90 million daily users. The difference between the number of male users and the female is noticeably higher. 70% of those attending the Google platform founded in 1998 by two PhD students at Stanford University, Larry Page and Sergey Brin, are men while only 30% are women. The name Google is a spelling mistake.
9. Flick is a division of Yahoo, division developing an online storage free pictures and publishing them on the Internet and ranks
10. It has 51 million unique users, 53% men and 47% women. For a high-level experience on Flick accesses this site.
11. Badoo platform is No. 11 on the top. It is the largest social network for meeting new people locally in the world and more than 100,000 new members join every day. 50 million daily visitors with 66% men and 34% women. The network is socializing is present in over 180 tari.
- Orkut is a social network owned by Google which has 49 million unique visitors of which 53% men and 47% women. Access was made a long time only by invitation, though entering in a straight line with other Google products with the introduction of Google Accounts. In Romania it has not had much success, yet fashionable ago ani.
13 Tumblr, the blogging platform Twitter and blog located between classic ranks number 13, has 45 million visitors of which 53% men and 47% women. Tumblr is a micro-blogging network founded in 2007, which in the meantime has gained momentum observable, especially among users interested in fashion, music and cinema.
- Myspace, which in 2011 was sold for $ 35 million, currently has 33 million daily visitors, price equaling the number of users of the platform. Website of so-called social type very popular offering users the possibility of creating an international network of friends, personal profiles, blogs, groups, photos, music and videos. MySpace is headquartered in Beverly Hills, California, United States. Part of the Internet phenomenon called “Web 2.0”. On this social network on both sexes have the same percentage frecenta and utilizarea.
- Pinterest, one of my favorite social media is in constant ascent. The network that brings more traffic than YouTube, Google Plus, Linkedin and MySpace together currently has 32 million unique users and their number is growing at a pace.
This is the only platform where women dominate top. Of Pinterest users, 26% are men, while 74% of users are women platform. Pinterest is a virtual panel which allows users to share uiasca images and links that they find interesting and inspirational. Once the data further by users, these images become “Pins” which can be Araj the “Boards” theme that users can customize depending on any topic. If something was pinned can then be repinned by other users Pinterest.
- Scribd is ranked in the top 16.
One of the most popular social web sites where you can read, comment on and debate the original works, currently has 31 million unique users. Scribd is a technology that is long past the barriers traditionally publication and also built one of the largest online communities of readers lume.
- Photobucket, multifunctional platform ranks 17th with 28 million users of which 43% men and 57% women.
This platform is very little difference between the number of male users and the sex feminin.18. Tourist information portal, Tripadvisor has 23 million unique visitors. Users excellent travel companion are 41% men and 59% femei.19. Slideshare has 21 million unique visitors. Many bloggers in Romania have an account on this network, but although it is the largest community in the world to publish slideshows in our country still underground platform. The level of male users is equal to the sex feminin.20 users. Last place is occupied by Vimeo, with 19 million unique users. Youtube’s competitor is used by women and men in the same proportion. Video quality on this platform are encouraged increased by a very active and social community.